Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Celebrity Jeopardy! - The Legit One - This Thursday



Jeopardy!
(my favorite show of all time, yes, ALL TIME), is airing another installment of its "Million Dollar Invitational" this Thursday. The concept? Once a month, the third Thursday of each month, a celebrity game will air with three former Celebrity Jeopardy! contestants battling it out. These series of shows will result in nine champions, who will play semifinal and final matches, the overall winner taking home $1,000,000 for the charity of his or her choice. All of the contestants have appeared on the show before. Some won, some didn't, but they all were at least decent in their original showings. Earlier in the season, both Pat Sajak and Any Richter won over $50,000 based on their knowledge and wagering alone.

This is not SNL Celebrity Jeopardy! No Sean Connery or Burt Reynolds to embarrass themselves and slow the game down. These people are sorta the real deal (for the most part). I've found these episodes to be only slightly easier than the regular episodes. I'm going to admit something super nerdy right now. I keep track of how many questions I get right on every episode, and I have been for years. I have spirals filled with my results. In other news, I'm a nerd. But I don't care one bit, because I'm that competitive. They air rerun episodes here in Lawrence every day at 11:30am. I like to watch the episode on my DVR, then go back to see if I got more right this year than I did when it originally aired. On the surface, I don't remember the questions a year later, but it's a good test to see if I kept that nugget of information filed away somewhere. On some episodes, I've answered double-digits worth of more questions correctly. I don't want to go into how good/how bad I do, but on the last celeb episode, I got 42 right of the 53 clues they actually aired. So, slightly easier than the regular episodes, but still challenging. The goal is to go on the show someday. Frustratingly enough, when I play bar trivia, I'm a bumbling idiot, but, when watching Jeopardy!, my brain actually works.

Anywho, Thursday's episode features Anderson Cooper, Cheech Marin, and Aisha Tyler, all people who have won Celebrity Jeopardy! games in the past. Aisha Tyler is very good. My money is on her. You would think Anderson Cooper would win, and he very well might, but Wolf Blitzer and Soledad O'Brien did not do so well earlier in the season. No matter how it goes, it's entertaining to watch. At least in my nerdy opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment